Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Week To Go.....And No Drink Menu....A Classic?


So I have been commissioned to mix drinks at a party (about 15 women) for an event in someones home. I have 6 days to come up with drinks ideas, and I have not decided on which drinks to put on the menu yet. It is not exactly a cocktail party, but at a similar event at a different location, the ladies did a standard sweet Pomegranate Martini. There is nothing wrong with that, but if you know me you know that I am not going to do something so conventional. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing faulty about a Pomegranate Martini, however I want to expose them to something, well...... unexpected, original and not so "trendy". Otherwise, I might as well serve vodka and Red Bull, yuck!

So, now what?

I feel that a choice of two...maybe three drinks should suffice. The menu might be:

COLOMBIAN DESSERT

Click the above link for details on how to make the drink.

Now that is a great dessert style drink, but what next? Maybe a fruity Martini? Or an interesting shooter? Perhaps a classic cocktail?

I have a feeling that the recipe for a classic Daiquiri may make an appearance. If you've ever had one, they make those slushy concoctions you get from a machine seem disgraceful. You know, the kind you suck on out of a 3 foot tube while walking down Freemont Street in Las Vegas?\

(Try this simple to make Daiquiri recipe instead)
Classic Daquiri

1 1/2 oz. Light Rum
3/4 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
Shake and Strain into a Chilled Cocktail Glass


I guarantee, you wont regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment